Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Return of the unHolidays

unHoliday Decorations II
I returned to work today after a long Thanksgiving break.  As I approached the elevators, I became concerned that a new form of fungus had usurped our sedate lobby ferns.   Then I remembered.  The building must have hired the same interior designer from last year's decorations (see below).  I am tempted to scrounge through my Christmas decorations at home and bring in the largest brightest red and green balls to hang clandestinely among the bleak colorless concoction displayed above. 
 
I'm getting depressed just looking at this picture.  Ugh. 


* * *

unHoliday Decorations (2010 edition)
Is it just me, or does this creations seem to celebrate autumn, rather than a traditional holiday occurring within a few days of the winter solstice?

Happy unHolidays?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment