Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Doctor Who: The Doctor's Wife

The Doctor's Wife

An amazing episode, written by none other than Neil Gaiman, a well known popular award winning science fiction author. Again, I'm too lazy to write my own synopsis, so please visit the Wikipedia article on The Doctor's Wife episode if you need more info.

My favorite snippet of dialogue from this episode:
Idris: You ever wonder why I chose you all those years ago?
The Doctor: I chose you. You were unlocked.
Idris: Of course I was. I wanted to see the universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
This episode is overflowing with revelations about the TARDIS (it's female and likes being called both 'old girl' and 'sexy'). We see more of the TARDIS (well, Amy and Rory running through endlessly similar corridors while the villain, House, terrorizes them). We see other dead TARDISes (or is it TARDI ??) and revisit the Tenth Doctor's console (Tenant's desktop so to speak). Definitely a four star rating.

Next Episode: Rebel Flesh

No comments:

Post a Comment